Believe it or not, it’s just over a year since Lunch Hour Waffle started – a year and seven days to be exact. Which means I should probably have written this post seven days ago, but never mind, it’s here now.
It’s been an interesting year, and I’ve learned a lot – about myself as much as anything else. If nothing else I’ve learned that there are some things I can write well about – family for example. The flip side of that, of course, is that there are some things I feel I’m less good at expressing in words. Music, in particular, is something I feel I struggle with. But I’ll persevere, and hopefully get a bit better.
Another thing I’ve learned is that the random nature of what gets read. It was March before I added a stats plugin to the site, so I don’t have numbers for the full year, but I thought it would be interesting to summarise the year in numbers: I like facts and figures, and it will give me something to compare future years against.
- 38 – the number of published posts (39 including this one)
- 53 – most views on a single day, which was on Tuesday May 17th
- 96 – approved comments. No idea how many spammy comments got deleted
- 110 – number of views my most popular post has had (not counting the home page)
- 130.7 – average views per month, March – December 2011 (January isn’t finished yet!)
- 1369 – total views to date
Most folk arrive here via Facebook or Twitter, which I’m guessing means I know pretty much everyone who finds themselves here. A few have even taken the step of subscribing via the likes of Google Reader and Instapaper – I must be doing something right then!
I do get the odd random visitor, though, and WordPress stats allow me to track the search terms that lead folk here. Here, for your amusement, are the top 5 terms that landed here in the last year (note: I’ve aggregated similar terms a bit, and mentioned the most popular version below):
- uno dos tres cuatro cinco cinco seis
- bar inopia
- usborne computers
- ipad 2
- vintage trouble
Pretty varied, and not what I’d have expected. Some of the less popular search terms are worthy of mention too, only because they seem quite random. Honorable mention, therefore, goes to songs to do the slosh to, best song on my way to mars, i was there then hmv certificate and my favourite “good friends” + “became a couple” + uk.
I’ll finish with the top 10 most popular posts – given the search terms above, it should be no surprise to learn what came in at number 1. What’s more surprising is how far ahead of the competition it was, having been read almost twice as often as number 2!
- 30 songs: Uno dos tres cuatro cinco cinco seis
- When I wake up early in the morning…
- I’ve got all the riches, baby, one man can claim
- 30 songs: I jumped across for you
- Should I stay or should I go?
- 3 Become 4
- 30 songs: You gotta spread the word
- RIP Bar Inopia
- 30 songs: Writing’s on the wall
- 30 songs: The future is ours to find
Hmmm… 5 of those are actually music related (in theory, at least) – maybe I don’t suck at that as much as I think I do!